8500 Wireless Smoke Opacity Meter
Wager is proud to introduce our new wireless opacity meter. Wager is an industry leader in opacity measurement and the 8500 Wireless Smoke Opacity Meter is the culmination of years of experience in developing rugged, accurate and easy to use inspection equipment for diesel emissions testing.
The 8500 meets the SAE J1667 emission protocol and uses full flow measurement technology in order to obtain the opacity readings. The unit can store up to 128 test records. Operation of the meter is through an easy to use menu system and the meter is self–calibrating upon power up. A verification filter is supplied with the system to assure continuous accuracy.
The 8500 wireless system can be set to measure atmospheric temperature, relative humidity, and barometric pressure for ambient corrected opacity measurements or this feature can be disabled.
• A large bright graphics color display (320 x 240 pixels) is easy to read in all environments.
• Wireless channels are used during communication between the Hand Controller, the Sensor Head, and the printer for optimum data transmission.
• All devices are battery powered for complete wireless testing.
• A “power off” feature saves battery life on both the hand controller and sensor head during user-defined period of inactivity.
• Data of stored tests can be sent to a portable printer or to a pc. Records can be selected by vin, customer name, license number and more.
•All system components fit neatly into the storage case for easy transportation.
The partial flow sensor head is constructed out of light weight anodized aluminum. It comes with a straight and curved nozzle for easy placement on varied stack configurations. Our unique design allows for the passage of the smoke plume past the optics, without the need for a fan.
Not affected by ambient light
Reliable readings even in adverse weather conditions
The partial flow head allows for quick and easy placement of the sensor on the stack. The bayonet style nozzle slips into the stack, reducing the possibility for any wind distortion while testing. A clamping style nozzle is also available for quick and easy placement.